We’ve updated the recommended reading list on our bibliography page.
Completion of the Human Genome Project in 2003 has yielded important advancements in understanding why medicines affect patients differently. Methods are now available to help doctors in targeting prescription medicines and doses to our own unique genetics
YouScript® is a genetic test done by mouth swab, it helps identify drugs and the doses appropriate for your genetic makeup.
YouScript® can help you:
- Improve the effectiveness of the medications you take
- Reduce unwanted side effects
- Prevent serious drug reactions
- Avoid drugs that won’t work for you
See the Resources page for more details
ADD (Attention-Deficit Disorder) and ADHD (Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) are common disorders usually diagnosed in childhood, characterized by a persistent pattern of impulsiveness, a short attention span, and sometimes hyperactivity which can interfere with academic, occupational, and social performance. The combination of short attention span, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness can also cause individuals to become quite disorganized and make it hard for them to effectively manage their time. There are a variety of different prescription medications that can help treat the symptoms of this disorder and help to better concentrate. Although these meds may help with focus, they do not help with disorganization or time management. What technological aids are available to help individuals with ADD and ADHD with organization and time management?
Thanks to the age of technology and the development and distribution of the popular modern day “Smart Phone”, people have some of the strongest and most reliable devices for organization and time management right at their fingertips. There are a plethora of apps intended for organizational purposes on all “Smart Phones”. Here is a list of the most popular organizational apps for both the Android and iPhone.
- Evernote -Evernote makes it easy to remember things big and small using your computer, your phone, and the Web. Use it to capture your thoughts, ideas, inspiration, and things to remember all in one place—infinitely useful for anything noteworthy.
Key Features: Organize captured photos, notes and any other text based documents into an indexed and searchable format.
- TeuxDeux – If you like making to-do lists, you will probably love TeuxDeux. This bare-bones but visually compelling and highly usable to-do app is browser-based and syncs with your iPhone. Use it at work/home and then take your to-do’s on the road with the mobile app.
Key Features: Drag and drop tasks into different days, keep tasks in a “Someday” category, ability to reorder and delete tasks.
- reQall – reQall is a voice-enabled memory aid that helps you remember what’s important to you, here and now. reQall lets you capture your ideas, tasks, and commitments before you forget them. Whether it’s an urgent report, a call to a friend, a project at school, or a task at the mall, reQall gathers and manages it all, and alerts you at just the right time and place.
Key Features:Create a location and set reminders for when you arrive. Save ideas by voice or text.
- Evernote -Evernote makes it easy to remember things big and small using your computer, your phone, and the Web. Use it to capture your thoughts, ideas, inspiration, and things to remember all in one place. Infinitely useful for anything noteworthy.
Key Features:Organize captured photos, notes and any other text based documents into an indexed and searchable format.
- Routinely – Looking to develop a routine? Routinely can help by providing reminders of your tasks. It also tracks daily and recurring activities to show your progress.
Key Features: Activities go from green to red when not performed over several days, audio and vibration alerts, graphical representation of your activities, task manager and scheduler.
Using these apps can have an impressive impact on your ability to remain organized. Young people who are technologically adept already, find these apps to be especially helpful. Oh, and did I mention all the apps above are free? Yes, that’s correct… FREE, every single app listed above is not only readily available for download, but they also won’t cost you a penny. Whether you’re struggling with becoming organized or you’re the assistant for Oprah Winfrey, you will benefit from using these apps to catalog and schedule your daily tasks.